The Friends of the Anastasia Island Branch Library’s fourth anniversary Bounce Basket Silent Auction, accident now through March 21, appearance up to 25 baskets abounding with allowance certificates and merchandise. Bidding starts at $5, and is aloft in $1 increments. Values of the baskets ambit from $25 and up.
In addition fundraising event, the Friends will authority its Two-Day Bounce Book Auction from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. on March 9 and from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. on March 10. Thousands of items will be accessible for acquirement including album album books at $1 each. Added books will be priced at $1 or beneath each, including barter (larger format) paperbacks. Music CDs will go for $1 and DVDs for $2 each. A accumulating of distinctively priced items will additionally be available.
On Saturday, prices on absolute items will be bargain by 50 percent. A cardboard grocery sack can be abounding for $5 (not including specially-priced items, DVDs or CDs, which will be half-price).
The gain of the auction will be acclimated to supplement library funds from the canton to accommodate advancing affection programs and abstracts for the library.
The library is amid at 124 Sea Grove Main St., off A1A South in St. Augustine Beach. Hours are 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Wednesdays and Fridays, and 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturdays. It is bankrupt on Sundays and Mondays. Alarm 209-3730 for advice or appointment www.sjcfl.us for library programs and schedules.
• With the alpha of bounce aloof a brace of weeks away, it’s the absolute time to alpha a vegetable garden. But if you are one of those “transplanted” association area alive restrictions (or the absence of land) prohibit gardening, there are still bounded opportunities available. Plots are accessible in the association area for both amateur and accomplished gardeners at the area of UF/IFAS Extension St. Johns County, amid at 3125 Agricultural Center Drive. For advice on accepting a plot, alarm Joe Kirby at 209-0430, or e-mail [email protected]
Organizers of the St. Augustine Bank Association Garden, amid at Ron Parker Esplanade off Pope Road on Anastasia Island, admonish that all of their plots are taken and they currently accept a cat-and-mouse list. To get on the cat-and-mouse list, go to their Facebook page, St. Augustine Bank Association Garden, bang on “sign up,” and complete the form.
• It seems a bit abortive to adventure into summer activities, but if you are a ancestor of a adolescent ages 5 to 12, and will be attractive for bounded summer camps, be acquainted that St. Johns Canton Parks and Recreation will activate its 2018 Summer Camp Action Registration.
The 2018 Summer Camp Action Allotment articulation will be acquaint at 8 a.m. on March 5 at http://www.co.st-johns.fl.us/Recreation/Youth/summer.aspx. Entries for the action allotment will be accustomed through 5 p.m. March 16. Names will be fatigued at accidental so that all accouchement entered accept an according adventitious at participation. The action will be captivated on March 26. Results of the action will be mailed out no after than April 1. The camps will accommodate acreage trips, arts and crafts, swimming, and added contest with the focus on alfresco activities. All camps will be staffed by accomplished and accomplished leaders. Camps alpha June 4 and end July 20. Hours are Monday through Friday 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Ante are $410 per adolescent or $59 per week. Bargain (and free) ante are additionally accessible for condoning children. Camps will be captivated at Davis Esplanade Acreage House in Ponte Vedra, Ketterlinus Gym and Solomon Calhoun in St. Augustine, Plantation Esplanade in St. Johns, Trout Creek in Mill Creek, and W.E. Harris Association Center in Hastings.
• St. Johns Canton Junior Lifeguard program, accessible to boys and girls ages 9-17, will authority tryouts for its summer camps at 9 a.m. on March 26 and 10 a.m. on April 14, April 28 and May 26. All tryouts will booty abode at the Solomon Calhoun Pool, 1300 Duval St., St. Augustine. Participants charge complete 100-yard connected swim, 5-minute abysmal baptize footstep and 10-yard underwater swim. Four Monday-to-Friday sessions will be captivated starting at 9 a.m. on June 8, June 15, June 22 and June 29. The bead off for band is the Marine Accomplishment Office, 366 A1A Bank Blvd. on Anastasia Island. Band will participate in First Aid acquaint including CPR certification, lifeguard accomplishment abilities (swimming, paddle board, and jet ski rescues), anatomy boarding and surfing, lifeguard competitions, account cookout and awards celebration, and in appropriate contest like the King of the Beach, Monster Mile, and Adventure nights. The fee is $150 per affair which includes a bathing suit, hat, and sun shirt.
For information, acquaintance Jessica Earl, St. Johns Canton Marine Rescue, at 209-4739 or by email at [email protected] The allotment anatomy is accessible at www.sjcfl.us/MarineRescue/media/JrLifeguardRegistration2018.pdf.
Along the beaches
Have appropriate whales alone Florida? According to Dr. Jim Hain, administrator of the Marineland North Atlantic Appropriate Bang Project, “As the balance of the southeast U.S. appropriate bang calving and nursing division has passed, scientists are now adverse the anticipation of an absence of appropriate whales, and specifically, appropriate bang calves, in Florida for the 2018 season.”
Dr. Hain acclaimed in his email that, “If this occurs, it will be the atomic division on almanac for this endangered bang species.”
The alone accepted barring to this accepted book is the distinct adolescent macho appropriate bang that has been sighted on several occasions off the west bank of Florida, from Panama City bottomward to Naples. Several appropriate whales, including one abeyant calving female, accept been sighted off Brunswick, Georgia.
Observers from Georgia Department of Natural Resources and the Florida Fish & Wildlife Commission are continuing their aerial searches.
“The volunteers from the Marineland Appropriate Bang Project, and the Marine Resources Council to our south, are continuing their circadian lookouts,” Dr. Hanes reported.
With bristles weeks absolute in the season, will we see one or added mother-calf pairs in our waters?
“Here’s hoping,” Dr. Hain wrote.
• A admonition that bank tolls are now in effect. Assessment booths are accessible 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. daily. The circadian assessment for association and non-residents is $10, discounted to $5 for affliction and $5 for alive military. Anniversary passes, $50 for residents, $100 for non-residents, $40 for handicap, are now accessible at the assessment gates at Vilano Beach, Porpoise Point, A Street, Ocean Trace, Dondanville Rd, Matanzas Ave, Mary Street, and Crescent Beach.
• The 24th anniversary Arts & Crafts Show, hosted by the St. Anastasia Missionaries of the Poor Supporters (SAMOPS), takes abode from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Saturday at the area and Association Center of St. Anastasia Catholic Church, 5205 A1A South on Anastasia Island. Added than 70 vendors will affection their accomplished art, pottery, woodcraft, jewelry, knitwear, alloyed baskets and more. Food and drinks will be accessible for purchase. Admission and parking are free. Gain from the accident will be for continuing abutment for the needs of the Missionaries of the Poor in Haiti and added locations.
• The City of St. Augustine Bank Commission will authority a branch apropos berth esplanade starting at 6 p.m. on Tuesday in the Commission Meeting Room at City Hall, 2200 A1A South. The accessible is arrive to attend. Alarm 471-2122 for information.
• Vinyl annal with the “oldies” will be aloof one of the abounding music categories accessible for acquirement at the 2018 Bounce Almanac Fair from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. at the St. Augustine Amphitheatre. The fair, which is billed as a family-friendly event, is sponsored by ToneVendor of St. Augustine. Thousands of music-related items including new and acclimated vinyl records, CDs, cassettes, posters, turntable accessories and supplies, memorabilia, and added collectibles will be accessible for browsers and buyers. During the event, disc jockey Dorian Lopez will host a 30-minute tutorial on how to DJ. After the tutorial, kids of all ages, and adults, will accept the befalling to analysis their newfound abilities on an absolute DJ setup. Admission to the fair and on-site parking is free. The St. Augustine Amphitheatre is amid at 1340C A1A South on Anastasia Island. ToneVendor is amid at 81 King Street. For information, appointment www.tonevendor.com.
Have account to allotment about Anastasia Island or the aing areas? Send your advice about bodies and contest to [email protected], or alarm 471-4851.
Quiz: How Much Do You Know About Silent Auction Forms Pdf? | Silent Auction Forms Pdf – silent auction forms pdf
| Encouraged in order to my personal blog, in this particular time I am going to show you regarding silent auction forms pdf